Lumber Liquidators - Sub quality product and non-knowledgable salesperson

Last Sunday we went to Lumber Liquidators to purchase some flooring.We got there and the salesperson was alone and it was fairly busy.

He spent quite a bit of time with the person before me, but not so much with me, paying attention to the next person while he was working with me, even though he didn't do that with me. I picked out a close-out as it was really pretty and he said something vague about it not being top quality, some of the planks might not be even... He made sure I signed a waiver though, that I was basically stuck with this product. We got it home, let it acclimate and yesterday started to work with it.

We had a tough time getting one row done, they wouldn't click and plank after plank was warped and of course did not work correctly. After the second row, we stopped and looked at it, realizing this wasn't going to work. The salesperson also greatly under-estimated how much under-layment to sell us and never even mentioned how to or the products for, doorways! Today we went to another place and re-purchased new laminate, padding, the products for the doorways etc.

The sales person was patient and explained it all to us. He also let us know if anything wasn't right, it would be made right, not the same experience as Lumber Liquidators for sure. .If you look at the small picture, couldn't load anything bigger, you can see how it separates as it goes along, it's tight at joint and splays out in the center.

After a few rows like this everything is totally out of whack, not to mention nearly impossible to join together.Very unhappy with LL, will not shop there ever again.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Ask me to open all the boxes
    • Refusal to refund a proven defective product

Reason of review:
St James Collection Dream Home
Review category
Building Products
review #887836 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Lumber Liquidators? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 28 #1191417 Toronto, Ontario

to bad you did not read the reviews before you bought at LL.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Lumber Liquidators. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Lumber Liquidators.
Filing a new complaint about