Minden, Nevada

We purchased bamboo flooring from the Reno NV store as recommended by the salesperson.We let it acclimate for 2 months in our house.

We installed it as instructed and the floor has separated and shrunk multiple times. We took it apart in several areas and added base shoe molding to cover the separation. It's still continuing to separate after being installed over a year.

We had started the complaint procedure with the Reno store and have been contacted once.We are supposed to have someone come to our house to see what it looks like and that was last week.

Review about: Stranded Bamboo Flooring.

I didn't like: Quality of the product, Quality of merchandise.

Review #820190 is a subjective opinion of a user.

1.4
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / $6000
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Lumber Liquidators?

Comments

My floor did the same thing after 3 months. Had it reinstalled and it still has problems.

Customer Care 2016
Toano, Virginia, United States #1139009

LL Response to Strand Bamboo Concern

Sorry to hear there's been a problem and it looks like we're sending a third party inspector to understand this problem fully.On the surface it sounds like you may have a lack of transitions installed in key areas limiting the ability for the floor to naturally expand and contract.

When this happens the floor tugs at stress points and begins to pull apart as relative humidity and temperature changes occur over time.

Regulating interior conditions is important, but if there's a need for some transitions the problem will not correct itself and some minor repairs may be in order.Customer Relations will help you understand this fully once the report comes back, however the problem as described sounds like the need for some additional transitions so the floor can "float" as designed.