Clear Lake, Iowa
1.1

I consulted with sales and flooring consultant (Burnsville, MN location)for best type of floor for my application. I was advised to put in a vinyl plank floor with wood appearance.

No instructions for installation were included. I went to their website and no specific product or manufacturer instructions were found. Used best judgement to install bases on type of flooring. Before installation was even complete the floor started to bubble and swell.

I called and filed complaint. Company won't stand behind advice of consultants erroneous product recommendation. Company claims it was improper application for intended use. Company rep promised to review with management and get back to me.

Despite multiple messages and emails, no response.

I had to drive 2 hours for initial purchase, another 2 hours to pick up at another store and another 2 hours to return uninstalled product and lumber liquidators doesn't care.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss not as described of lumber liquidators vinyl flooring and associated monetary loss in the amount of $1500. Lumber Liquidators needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned lumber liquidators vinyl flooring in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Lumber Liquidators.

Comments

Toano, Virginia, United States #1184066

LL Response_ Poor sales advice:

Fortunately this is not a common concern and my hope would be that you call back and escalate to a Supervisor for a more in-depth look at the transaction. If a product issue is evident before installing a plank the instructions say to call us immediately and stop the installation.

The product does not typically bubble or swell coming out of the box, however the complaint suggest the product did suffer a problem after being installed due to care of the floor, or some sort of installation failure that would cause this to happen. This type of complaint can be found for other sellers of vinyl planks and the issue generally stems from care of the product against what the manufacturer suggests as being proper care. We need more details outside of an anonymous filing to know how best to help you with a desirable outcome. Please call 800-366-4204 and ask to speak with a member of management.

I will alert them of your potential call so we can help tie this issue back to your inbound call. Sorry to hear this became a problem, we're looking forward to helping you!

Signed V.P. Customer Care Operations