Lumber Liquidators - Review about Cumaru Decking from Shavertown, Pennsylvania

Purchased a Cumaru (Bellawood Brazilian teak) floor 3/4 by 5 inch from lumber liquidators in early July 2014.Floor has a 100 year warranty (ha that's funny)Let the wood acclimate in home till late August.

Followed all manufacturers instructions perfectly and 3 months later the floor had two penny wide gaps in some areas and none in other areas. Clear coat is bubbling up in some areas and also the ends of the boards are cracking the entire thickness of the board. Some Cracks are now over two inches long Filed claim with LL and of course they did nothing but send me a dear John letter about humidity. Well my boards at time of install where within 2% of my sub floor.

My indoor humidity in house never went bellow 35% and my other hardwood floors in home are just fine for the past 12 years. The floor cost me $3,600 for materials and a lot of hours to install.

Well I won't be buying anything from LL anymore and will always tell anyone who wants to listen about my experience.Thanks LL for backing your product.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.