I would not recommend this store OR the Laurel store. In Jan 2015, I needed to purchase about 400 square feet of Boa Vista Brazillian Cherry (10mm), and I contacted the Annapolis store since they were the closest. They did not have all of the product in the store, only about half of it, so they contacted their Laurel store to see if they had the rest of the order. The Laurel store did have the rest, so we chose to pick up the product from both stores because they EACH wanted to charge us $145 for delivery.

We first went to the Annapolis store to pick up half of the product and then drove out to the Laurel store. When we arrived there, Andre was the one who loaded the product into our truck. When he began to load the product into the truck, we noticed that many of the boxes did not have the thick plastic wrapping around it. We questioned Andre why the plastic was removed and he said that the plastic sometimes comes off in the warehouse, but he assured us that the product was in perfect shape. We looked through the top of each case as best we could and saw that the ones we could see on top appeared OK.

We arrived home and unloaded all of the cases of laminate. Two days later, our installer arrived, removed all of the carpeting and prepped the area. He went to sort out the laminate and discovered that many of the edges of the boxes that were open were scratched. Our installer said that it appeared as though someone had cherry picked through other cases, removed the good laminate and returned the damaged laminate.

We had not recourse but to install it because we were on a tight deadline to complete 2 of the 3 rooms. We tried to cover the damage with use of floor markers, but the damage could still be seen.

I called Lumber Liquidators the following day and spoke to Sarah. I told her what had happened and she said that they would NOT give us and credit for what had already been installed but that she could order new laminate to replace the quantity we still had for the 3rd room, which we had not completed. I asked her if they were willing to deliver the remaining laminate for free since we had gone thru all of this (we are local, about 10 minutes away) and she said NO. I asked her to speak with her manager or have him contact me and I never heard back from anyone.

DO NOT trust this company or any of their employees. They will lie and cheat to sell you junk and then they do not stand by their product or believe at all in customer service. You may pay a little more elsewhere, but you will get a more reputable company who believes in customer service.

This reviewer shared experience about damaged or defective and wants this business to issue a partial refund as the author lost $300. This person is overall dissatisfied with Lumber Liquidators. The most disappointing about boa vista brazilian cherry laminate at Lumber Liquidators was lousy customer service and poor quality of laminate Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Lumber Liquidators.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Building Products category for more informed decision or compare Lumber Liquidators to other companies on our site.

Comments

When we picked up our flooring, I told them I wanted all the exact same lot number. The first 6 boxes had torn wrap, and you could see the flooring through the ripped boxes.

Then the next forklift brought the next load, which looked new, and had a different lot number. I made them unload the first batch, and inspected each and every box, same lot number, same date same birth place.

Always always inspect the lot numbers on your boxes. Don't let them ever try pawning off remnants on you...