1.2K views
Featured Not resolved
2.0

I had no problem with the rustic look of the flooring.What I had a problem with is that a home inspector informed me that the rustic look was due to a WDI that could cause damage to the structural components of the home.

Early in the complaint process they even inquired as to where there was home owners insurance covering this home. They then offered to provide a box a wood at no charge if I would sign a waiver releasing them from any future action on this claim. They finally did offer to have a board checked by an entomologist, after I refused to sign a waiver, but that was after I had already put out 135.00 to have it done myself. I also reiterate that their manager and assistant manager did not recognize the defects as a sign of a WDI infestation.

I was very satisfied with my purchase until that home inspection the declared a WDI infestation. You would think at the very least that their quality control inspection process would remove products that could potentially cause damage to the consumer's home.

I have included a picture to show what to look for.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Lumber Liquidators?

Comments

That is funny. Rustic look...

Chicago, Illinois, United States #952747

kiln drying destroys insects and their eggs.all hardwood flooring must be kiln dried to prevent warping and cupping.

many woods bring a premium price for 'defects'. wormy chestnut, wormy oak, and wormy cypress to name a few. those holes are caused by powder post beetles. common in far southern U.S.

where moisture is high.

they need moisture to survive.if it's not many boards, have them cut out and replaced to give peace of mind.

if you sent a sample to an entomologist he probable told you the same thing.

mfenn1957
Brecksville, Ohio, United States #906259

Still no resolution on the problem.I am seriously considering a case in small claims court.

It is a defective product plain and simple.