Lumber Liquidators - Not Rustic not a natural defect a WDI infestation

113 of 224 Lumber Liquidators reviews

I had no problem with the rustic look of the flooring.What I had a problem with is that a home inspector informed me that the rustic look was due to a WDI that could cause damage to the structural components of the home.

Early in the complaint process they even inquired as to where there was home owners insurance covering this home. They then offered to provide a box a wood at no charge if I would sign a waiver releasing them from any future action on this claim. They finally did offer to have a board checked by an entomologist, after I refused to sign a waiver, but that was after I had already put out 135.00 to have it done myself. I also reiterate that their manager and assistant manager did not recognize the defects as a sign of a WDI infestation.

I was very satisfied with my purchase until that home inspection the declared a WDI infestation. You would think at the very least that their quality control inspection process would remove products that could potentially cause damage to the consumer's home.

I have included a picture to show what to look for.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Hardwood Flooring
Review category
Building Products
review #552470

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Lumber Liquidators? Submit review ›
Helpful? 6 Yes 6 1 No 1
Had the same issue 3 Yes 3
113 of 224 Lumber Liquidators reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 28, 2015 #1012817

That is funny. Rustic look...

1 0 Reply

Mar 01, 2015 #952747 Chicago, Illinois, United States

kiln drying destroys insects and their eggs. all hardwood flooring must be kiln dried to prevent warping and cupping. many woods bring a premium price for 'defects'. wormy chestnut, wormy oak, and wormy cypress to name a few. those holes are caused by powder post beetles. common in far southern U.S. where moisture is high. they need moisture to survive. if it's not many boards, have them cut out and replaced to give peace of mind.
if you sent a sample to an entomologist he probable told you the same thing.

0 0 Reply
mfenn1957

Nov 25, 2014 #906259 Brecksville, Ohio, United States

Still no resolution on the problem. I am seriously considering a case in small claims court. It is a defective product plain and simple.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Lumber Liquidators. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Lumber Liquidators.
Filing a new complaint about
×