My husband and I purchased a new home which required flooring. We purchased an oak engineered Bella product from Lumber Liquidators in Wilkes Barre PA. We contracted with one of their installers and the work was done in the late fall.

The installation was fantastic (Marshall Contractors) and the floor was beautiful.

An issued arose last month when my husband was walking across the floor in socks and got a splinter in his foot. After removing it we looked where he walked and saw a sliver of the floor gone and realized it came from the floor board, You can now see a tiny piece missing from the board and as the underneath is not stained is a different color from the rest of the room.

We immediately contacted Lumber Liquidators with our issue. They sent us to a department we later found out what their installation/contracting dept. They had the installer contact us and we forwarded him a picture of the board that had to be replaced. He advised that if he came out he would have to charge me a considerable fee as Lumber Liquidators would not pay it.

Since then I have been fighting for this company to simply honor the warranty that they sell you with their products. To date, I have not even had the courtesy to receive a return call from the company itself.

I have to say that the installer offered to drive over an hour and wood putty and stain the floor at his own cost. This is unacceptable, why should the installer pay out of pocket for a product defect. But for this and his quality work I would highly recommend him.

Lumber Liquidators on the other hand, I say buyer beware. No one wants to do business with a company that does not honor their warranty and back their products.

I will update you as I will continue to fight to have this matter resolved by Lumber Liquidators.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from May 03, 2013.

Comments

Reston, Virginia, United States #653854

Very unfortunate to hear the floor was somehow compromised causing a splinter and we hope he's doing fine now. The idea that this is somehow tied into the warranty is a bit puzzling as a splinter is not considered a defect and suggests you have not read the warranty.

If the wood was damaged in any way during the installation process, it can create the potential for a sliver as you mentioned, but this is not a defect, nor is this type of issue something the warranty addresses. Having personally ready hundreds of warranties as part of the Bella Wood Transferrable Warranty program, NOT a single manufacturer considers a splintered board defective. The installer can replace the board, but this is likely damage caused by the use of the floor, or somehow the result of the installation process.

I would have liked to see the associate offer some guidance in the board replacement process, but this situation is a site problem and not a warrantable event.

Holiwood
Richmond, Virginia, United States #650937

I am in the middle of a similar problem with Lumber Liquidator and have over $9,000 invested in flooring that has large gaps and they want me to buy a humidifier to sovle the problem.