Lumber Liquidators - NO GOODWILL AS MENTIONED ABOVE
How lucky I just received a letter indicating my case was closed. I asked for the underlay warranty and installation instructions. I received these for the vinyl plank, not the underlay.
Then in their letter they refer to page 7 and 12, nothing on page 7 and there is no page 12, maybe because it's plank and not underlay? There was one sheet of paper in the package containing the underlay.
On these pages I would have found that it said "MOISTURE TESTING (CONCRETE SUBFLOORS) : Use of Calcium Chlorine Test (ASTM F-1869) is required over ALL CONCRETE SUBFLOORS.
I chose this product after considerable research and no where did it ever indicate for any vinyl flooring that a test needed to be conducted or else I would have purchased the flooring from Lowe's or Home Depot who stands behind their products.
It indicated that I could hire and pay for an expert to test floor for moisture. Then what? How can they determine the humidity was right for the entire 5 month period. This is not an option. Lumber Liquidator's is right the matter is closed with them. My money would be better spent hiring someone to help remove the potentially toxic material and then be able to testify to the mold in small claims.
DON'T PURCHASE THIS MATERIAL IF YOU WANT A WARRANTY WITHOUT FIRST TESTING THE SUBFLOOR, and even then I'm sure they have more excuses. It will be a long night updating all this on the other blogs.
Attached are pictures I sent to Lumber Liquidator - DOESN'T EVEN SHOW CONCRETE. The little bit of color variation shown in one picture is where tile was removed.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Salesman was nice but sold me a faulty product
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Lousy corporate customer service
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Product or service
- Vinyl Flooring
- Review category
- Building Products
You May Also Like
- "The lock and latch system on the Larson Security Storm door is contrary to safe opening panic latches. I had a Larson Security Storm door installed in September, 2015. The..."
- "Leaf filter installed today and I'm already ticked off. Had to haul off the garbage that the contractor left behind. They used two different screens, one of which..."
- "We purchased our home last year from a seller who had done a significant amount of remodeling using Alside windows. ALL 7 replaced windows now have failed seals and moisture..."
- "The weekly add for 7/24/16 - 7/30/16 showed a travailing pillow that you take on the plane for $5.99 with the member ship-card or 2 products of similar for $10...."
- "Unfriendly service. Didnt ask what type of fries we wanted. Assumed straight fries. And when got to window. Told guy about it and he asked for .29more cents. I said..."
- "I bought a box of Suzy Qs and opened the package and got a weird chemical smell. I could barely choke down one ***, I threw the rest out and..."
- "I stopped in for my regular 3000 mile oil change and of course they did the usually upsale. Normally I try to do one additional thing each time, this time..."
- "Harry and David has gone down hill and I will never order from them again. I recently d a box of "Royal Riviera Pears". These are NOT the Royal Riviera..."