How lucky I just received a letter indicating my case was closed. I asked for the underlay warranty and installation instructions. I received these for the vinyl plank, not the underlay.

Then in their letter they refer to page 7 and 12, nothing on page 7 and there is no page 12, maybe because it's plank and not underlay? There was one sheet of paper in the package containing the underlay.

On these pages I would have found that it said "MOISTURE TESTING (CONCRETE SUBFLOORS) : Use of Calcium Chlorine Test (ASTM F-1869) is required over ALL CONCRETE SUBFLOORS.

I chose this product after considerable research and no where did it ever indicate for any vinyl flooring that a test needed to be conducted or else I would have purchased the flooring from Lowe's or Home Depot who stands behind their products.

It indicated that I could hire and pay for an expert to test floor for moisture. Then what? How can they determine the humidity was right for the entire 5 month period. This is not an option. Lumber Liquidator's is right the matter is closed with them. My money would be better spent hiring someone to help remove the potentially toxic material and then be able to testify to the mold in small claims.

DON'T PURCHASE THIS MATERIAL IF YOU WANT A WARRANTY WITHOUT FIRST TESTING THE SUBFLOOR, and even then I'm sure they have more excuses. It will be a long night updating all this on the other blogs.

Attached are pictures I sent to Lumber Liquidator - DOESN'T EVEN SHOW CONCRETE. The little bit of color variation shown in one picture is where tile was removed.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
    • Salesman was nice but sold me a faulty product
  • What I disliked

Helpful? 4 Yes 4 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Lumber Liquidators. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Lumber Liquidators.
Filing a new complaint about