My mother spent $2000 on laminate flooring from here recently. After installing ~140 square feet of it, we found that there was mold growing on all of it. Hesitant to open the remaining ~1800 square feet, my mother went back to this Lumber Liquidators location in Nashua, NH looking just for an exchange. She explained to the manager and employees there that she was concerned about the mold and just wanted an exchange for non-moldy wood. The manager adamantly and condescendingly explained that it was just dust, and refused an exchange. My mom was incredibly embarrassed by their ignorance and we decided it was best to run a mold test to rebuke their claims.
While our mold test was being processed, I assisted my mom and contacted corporate. I was contacted by a customer service agent who sent us a General Disclosure Form to fill out. We did so along with attaching numerous pictures highlighting the molded wood. Our hope for a easy resolution was destroyed however when the customer service agent just called back and reiterated what the manager at the store said. This was incredibly frustrating and a complete waste of time for us.
Finally, the test results finished and proved that it was indeed mold. My mom has had her insurance agent try to call and provide these pictures for them only to receive delayed responses from them claiming that they can't receive the pictures. I've helped my mom resend these pictures in one final hope that we can come to a resolution (we just want non-molded wood here). If not, we'll have to seek legal action as we find this product to be a health hazard and completely defective.
If this sounds like a giant pain in the rear to you, it's because it is. If you do not want to waste your time and money, I would strongly advise taking your business elsewhere.
Thank you for taking your time to read my review.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Customer experience
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Exchange for wood that's not moldy/defective.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Laminate Flooring
- Review category
- Building Products
You May Also Like
- "I was relaxing on my front covered porch when all of a sudden the top glass of my Larson screen away door completely shattered!!!!! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HIT IT.!!!..."
- "I had Morning Star Bamboo installed by a HSS (Home Service Store) recommended installer, and paid for it by a loan facilitated by LL. I signed a contract that..."
- "Last Sunday we went to Lumber Liquidators to purchase some flooring. We got there and the salesperson was alone and it was fairly busy. He spent quite a bit of..."
- "The only people I can say actually did their job with dignity and class, were the housekeepers. I understand if the manager had a bad day, week, month or even..."
- "Samsung electric stove glass top...explode! Only 2 1/2 years old....Samsung only offer paid for parts..I have to pay repair...never again SAMSUNG SUCKS!..."
- "Nashua Wholesale Tire was asked to put two new tires on the front of my Jeep and the next day one of the tires rolled off damaging the entire front..."
- "Short story; been with Geico 20+ years w/out a ticket or accident. Got a DUI, was told I had to increase my insurance coverage. Fine; I was wrong so I..."
- "My family went to Little Caesars Pizza at 3907 E State Blvd, Fort Wayne, IN 46805 to order stuffed crust pepperoni pizza and 2 zesty cheese bread with dips...."
- "After owning for only 4 years now, we noticed that the bottom shelf of the cupboard over the couch is coming off. We then checked to see how it..."