2.0

Purchased the Morningstar bambo flooring in November to be installed in my kitchen 3 weeks later.By the first week of feburary the flooring was separating and showing signs of weak spots

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT! From what I can tell I purchased the product well after the company knew about the problem and sold it anyway.

Currently enrolling in case action law suit against lumber liuqidators

Check on line for more information about these and other inferior products sold by them.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

I liked: Salesman was nice but sold me a faulty product.

I didn't like: Fraud.

• Morning Star Warranty
Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 17, 2016.

Comments

LL Response to Bamboo Flooring Concern

This is an anonymous posting with no information to research the claim details. It's not at all uncommon for someone to NOT follow the detailed instructions and if installed as an DIY install, a common failure we see is a lack of proper transition strips being installed allowing the product to expand and contract properly.

There's no information here to tell whether this is a tongue & groove application, or a click brand install, but to suggest we "knew about a problem" and sold product any way is not true. I've personally review the class action cases mention and in each one of them the customers either installed the flooring outside the guidelines of the instructions, or failed to maintain the home, or care for the floor according to the instructions in such a way they created their own dissatisfaction wanting LL to pay for their own mistakes, or mistakes made by people they empowered to install the floor properly (their installer). The same complaints you mention are found for other sellers of bamboo, so this is not an LL product issue with our bamboo, rather a pattern of people choosing to ignore instructions and blame the seller for problems outside our control. We make every effort to educate customers, but if choosing to ignore the instructions you cannot blame the seller.

Sorry you had a problem and we're prepared to answer each case with facts and the instructions which are clear on the proper application of floors. We never hear from the thousands of happy customers who install their floors properly other than to share their appreciation for a great product sold at an excellent price.

No matter where you buy flooring , you must follow the manufacturers instructions. This is not optional.