Carlstadt, New Jersey
2.0

Could not be more unhappy with Lumber Liquidators right now. Had found on their website a vinyl imitation mahogany peel and stick flooring (I know, I know, but low on funds here, and it actually had great reviews and lengthy guarantee) for 69¢/sq ft. Said wow!, at that price we can actually manage that project right now, can do our whole lil' kitchen for around $130 (doing the labor ourselves of course). Ordered it... quite a while ago. They had contacted me, said it is in high demand and way back-ordered, I said for that price and with the great reviews it got, it's worth the wait. I can be patient even if it took several months as they suggested it might.

Meanwhile, having ordered with confidence from a major company in its field, I painted the ceiling in our kitchen using the messed up flooring that we have as a tarp because what the hey, we have new flooring coming in anyway, and the flooring already down is this bizarre style that looks like it's already been used as a tarp for several generations anyway.

Well, I just got a call yesterday from Lumber Liquidators that the product has been discontinued and would I like them to refund or do I want to look for a different flooring. Thing is, they have nothing (and nobody else really does, either) that looks nearly that good at that price. ***, hard to find even ugly flooring for that price. This is not what I would expect from a major professional company in its field with a product that they presented for sale on their website and apparently was in high demand. SO disappointing and frustrating.

And I would have been far less agitated had they said, "The product that you have ordered from us has been discontinued. We apologize for the inconvenience, and will take responsibility for this to still honor your order with us. If acceptable to you, we would like to offer you an upgrade to a similar product but at the same price as the order you placed with us.", and presented me with another product to consider in that manner. That would have been the professional thing for them to do. But they didn't, and I really have to recommend against using them now.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Nov 24, 2015.

Comments