Lumber Liquidators rip off cheap press board flooring
Lumber Liquidators mislead us on installation then bailed.We made several trips to the local Lumber Liquidators store in Beaumont, Texas and discussed in full detail the methods of how the product was to be applied as well as the materials needed for the particular boards we chose to install.
They said use this adhesive that was the "only type to use for the boards we were going to install" so we were told. The trawl would leave grooves and the adhesive would coat the total floor and offer a barrier protection. We bought 2 of the 5 gallon cans for $100+ each they recommended and the only other suggestion was to get the wipe towels and liquid urethane remover. The first box used in the corner of the room cuts a perfect angle to the hallway entry that had this growing in the boards when we purchased (which do look to be a cheap press board by the way).
It still has that "WoW" factor when friends and neighbors come over but it's a different kind of "WoW" factor than Lumber Liquidators had intended. I've decided like Lumber Liquidators (to do nothing) except for taking advantage of every opportunity whether it be BBQ and football games or especially holiday get togethers with family and friends to show off our new attraction and that NO ONE should take such a chance on an investment especially when we took the route of listening to those selling the product to us and how and what we should use. It has changed some minds from it looks cool and rustic to it looks like cheap press board with a film of peeling bubbling laminate on top. You can't even sand the miserable cheap stuff.
I do have regrets of choosing this floor and do plan on doing my own advertising. We are left alone to figure on pulling the floor up somehow and choosing something different and certainly a different product and seeing how quick we were kicked to the curb by Lumber Liquidators I can assure you it will not be a purchase of such cheap garbage from Lumber Liquidators. I know the loss of my business will not effect you all one bit but if I can sway the minds of one or two from my own advertisement it will give me some resolve. One other note.
Attached are pictures of our hallway at the entrance of a restroom. This restroom is also equipped with a bath and shower. Notice how the shadow starts right under the doorway. It can't handle temp differential from a warm shower to the hallway.
This is a very cheap product and we are very upset that we were sold on the fact that it was otherwise.A very pitiful experience.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Tobacco Road Lumber Liquidators Rip Off
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "Our shoddily constructed Lennar Home is located in The Woodlands area north of Houston. It is difficult to know where to begin with this review because there are so..."
- "Flooded basement weekly, sloppy work beyond, constant puddle in garage that I step in daily, because they ignored my request for a drain and 'sloped' the garage, which clearly they..."
- "There are several windows in our home that have accumulated mold that keeps coming back ever since it was built in 2003. We moved in December of 2003 and..."
- "I am dis-satisfied with my service at this the Tyler Texas Regis salon. My reasons are; Mind you. It was my birthday gift (to myself)-When I called the salon to..."
- "I lost 80 lbs in 2+ months. This Gastric Bypass ALTERNATIVE is amazing.I started at 430 lbs and now 350 lbs simply by following instructions and rules. No tricks.Amazing feeling..."
- "Very disappointed in this builder. Sold my Maronda Homes built house, purchased this house in July and I immediately began breaking out in hives all over my body. I have..."