2.0

I bought a floor from Lumber Liquidators and when my contractor went to pick it up, they told him I owed money which he laid out. After they had his money, they told him that actually the floor I bought was discontinued and they are giving me a floor that looks just like the one I wanted.

When I got home and saw the floor, it looked NOTHING like the floor I picked out. I called the store and they said it wasn't that the floor was discontinued, the SKU number was changed (and that cost me more $$)? The floor was definitely different. I've been fighting with them for almost a year.

They claim they have something better than integrity: accountability. Really? they are blaming me and my contractor when they were the ones who pulled a fast one. I think what happened is that I'm an older, single woman and they felt they could unload stock that wasn't selling on me and get away with it.

So far they have. This company is evil.

Don't ever use them.

Monetary Loss: $19000.

I didn't like: Way i was treated, Sales practices, That they take no responsibility.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 07, 2016.

Comments

LL Response _ to Integrity Complaint

The facts of the story as presented by the customer are not reflected in what we documented reviewing the case. When taking final payment the store communicated the discontinuance of the product and this was their opportunity to decline the order in advance of collecting a replacement item and subsequently installing the flooring.

The invoice is very clear about "use is consider acceptance" of any installed flooring. The root of this problem stems from the end -user (installers customer) not being present when the floor was installed as recommended by the invoice: "Installation: Buyer/installer is responsible for final inspection as to grade, color, finish, defects and other quality issues. Do not

install defective product. Use constitutes acceptance." Lesson learned, when empowering someone to make decisions on your behalf, they become the responsible party and when the flooring was paid in full and removed from the store and fully installed, the transaction is final and no returns for installed flooring will be granted.

No matter where you source flooring, ALL retailers follow this rule, otherwise fully installed flooring would be used as a method to "sample flooring", and for this reason no retailer will grant you all your money back. This matter is best addressed with your installer, the person empowered by the end user to make decisions on their behalf. This is a well documented case and there is no reason to overturn any decisions made by employees throughout the course of the transaction. Failing to be present and refusing product prior to installation is most unfortunate, nor do we find this method of social media postings as a desirable way to educate other consumers about the importance of direct participation in board selection, or the installation process.

The contractor received contracting pricing and had you purchased the material on your own you would have paid a higher retail price. Reading the terms and conditions on the invoice, install instructions, and the product warranty are recommended to educate consumers on their responsibility caring for such an investment, one you own when boards become installed.