We bought a foreclosed house and all the flooring needed to be replaced. I wanted something that would be low maintenance and we had laminate flooring in a previous house with good results so I went with laminate throughout our entire house.

Lumber Liquidators had a lot of options so we went with them. We have had the flooring for a year and we are already looking to replace all of it. You cannot clean this floor, I have tried everything, even the cleaner they recommend and sell. I have been more careful with this floor than with any other flooring we have ever had and it always looks dirty.

I vaccuum every day, mop the high traffic areas everyday and we don't wear our shoes inside and it still looks awful. Scuff marks everywhere every time you walk. We contacted the company and of course they said it was our fault- maybe we were using too much cleaner. I have tried cleaner, just water, a solution they told us to try, nothing works and of course they won't replace or give us our money back.

I wouldn't take any of their stuff if they did offer to replace anyway, I hate it. Will never use this company again, at least with lowe's or home depot we could take it back with lumber liquidator your just stuck.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 19, 2012.

Comments

#520140

I have to agree about them not standing behind their product! We have layed Dream home in the living room with intentions of doing bedrooms but have had to stop.

Floor has been in just 2 weeks and water was spilled and wipped up immediatly but the floor bubbled! On the phone we were told that the floor could not be washed with even water! REALLY! They would not even consider an exchange for a different floor that was previously ordered and continually backordered.

The store manager convinced us to buy this floor-'better quality'. Obviously not.

Has only been down 2 weeks. Not sure what to do now!!!!

We have thousands of VERY happy laminate customers buying from us every day, so one would expect hundreds or more complaints daily if your care issues were driven by the product. We're sorry to hear you have a problem at all and it would appear from your troubleshooting of this problem the care instructions were not reviewed prior to, or right after installation to avoid these types of concerns.

Please write the Dir of Cust. Care from our Contact Us page so I can review your issue in greater detail. By the way...Big Box stores do not take back fully installed floors and neither does LL unless a manufacturing defect is proven to be found, so let me look into this further as the direction given to date was likely determined by photos, so it's not like we just outright denied you without at least a visual inspection of the floor that suggested the finish was not an issue. We also compare against a list of valid issues for any project to see if any defects are being duplicated.

Laminates have an excellent track record as manmade items so let me research this for you. I will certainly try to see what we can do to help.