Lumber Liquidators - Lumber Liquidator Closeout was Damaged Non-Installable Flooring
Update added by user Dec 04, 2014
As of December 4th, Lumber Liquidators has not responded to this posting or to the complaint filed with the BBB.
Original review posted by user Nov 15, 2014
My husband and I visited a Lumber Liquidators store on 10/25/14 in response to an advertisement. The advertised "deal" was already gone, and we were given a sample of flooring that was a close out. I was told the flooring was first quality with a 25 year warranty, discounted to $.99/SF because it was a closeout. The sample looked good, and I paid for 1135 SF with a credit card.
After they ran my credit card, I was also given a “standard” invoice to sign which stated the flooring was a closeout and could not be returned. Two days later we picked up the flooring, and when we started opening boxes, we realized it had all had water and other damage and the pieces would not snap together. We took unopened boxes back to store, and the store manager agreed it could not be used, but refused to take it back or give us any credit. I contacted the corporate office and got the same reply. It seems to me like bait and switch – show a good sample and then provide you with damaged goods.
The product was manufactured more than a year before our purchase, and evidently not stored in a humidity free space or we were sold "returns" from other customers that the store manager knew could not be installed. In any case, the product did not match the description of what we were told we were purchasing.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Building Products
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I used over 35 gallons of your Deck Over paint to cover my 14'10" x 28' deck and railings last summer. It now makes me sick to look at..."
- "Two years ago we ordered Morning Star bamboo flooring for our home from Lumber Liquidators After the fourth week of acclimation we began to install our flooring (in late..."
- "We had Congoleum Duraceramic tiles professionally installed in our kitchen seven years ago and after two years noticed white wear marks in areas. A dropped fork can dent tile. We..."
- "...I noticed that the leather is peeling off from lots of places.I didn't even use the bag..."
- "Hidious! I placed an order for my item to arrive before Christmas. Paid for priorty shipping. Was unaware this company is based in China. My order just arrived one week..."
- "908-561-8300 UPS South Plainfield, NJ I have 7 chairs taken to this store to be packed and shipped to me before Christmas and I still have not received them worst..."
- "Horrible business. I ordered an item and it arrived to me extremely broken. I asked for a refund and they were unwilling. Instead they offered another item free of charge..."
- "I bought an expensive Brinkmann charcoal grill a few years ago. This grill constantly rusts or breaks, so I have to order part after part after part. This..."
- "Account canceled in 2013 Funds withdrew in 2014, refunded after a seriously insane fight Then, out of the blue, this 2016 bill! 2015USD for basic plan when actually the website is off..."