Lumber Liquidators - Lumber Liquidator Closeout was Damaged Non-Installable Flooring
Update added by user Dec 04, 2014
As of December 4th, Lumber Liquidators has not responded to this posting or to the complaint filed with the BBB.
Original review posted by user Nov 15, 2014
My husband and I visited a Lumber Liquidators store on 10/25/14 in response to an advertisement. The advertised "deal" was already gone, and we were given a sample of flooring that was a close out. I was told the flooring was first quality with a 25 year warranty, discounted to $.99/SF because it was a closeout. The sample looked good, and I paid for 1135 SF with a credit card.
After they ran my credit card, I was also given a “standard” invoice to sign which stated the flooring was a closeout and could not be returned. Two days later we picked up the flooring, and when we started opening boxes, we realized it had all had water and other damage and the pieces would not snap together. We took unopened boxes back to store, and the store manager agreed it could not be used, but refused to take it back or give us any credit. I contacted the corporate office and got the same reply. It seems to me like bait and switch – show a good sample and then provide you with damaged goods.
The product was manufactured more than a year before our purchase, and evidently not stored in a humidity free space or we were sold "returns" from other customers that the store manager knew could not be installed. In any case, the product did not match the description of what we were told we were purchasing.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Building Products
You May Also Like
- "The lock and latch system on the Larson Security Storm door is contrary to safe opening panic latches. I had a Larson Security Storm door installed in September, 2015. The..."
- "Had these windows installed in 2008. Noticed a leak in the kitchen. After several calls and visits, I find out these windows are not installed properly, no J Channels, just..."
- "I had Morning Star Bamboo installed by a HSS (Home Service Store) recommended installer, and paid for it by a loan facilitated by LL. I signed a contract that..."
- "I've been getting calls for the last few days about a loan I had taken out with AWL. First Michelle Batemen calls with the same script as Patrick Stern claiming..."
- "Do not do business with the "Cash Store" or any other business of this type. They are freely willing to offer loans and don't require a credit check, but..."
- "I went to dinner in the lower Greenville area of Dallas TX and went to a birthday party after. At 2:30 AM I discovered that I was towed from the..."
- "Ordered 16 pink rosebuds for niece's 16th birthday. What arrived was 8 pink and 8 white fully bloomed out roses. They requested pictures which I sent them 3..."
- "We ordered in July and did not get till 10-21-2016 Was supposed to be like the 2016's with some new additions. We picked up, no storage, white flooring,..."
- "I purchased a reload it card last week. I received the message that the site needed more time to process my card... Ok, so I waited. Then for..."