Lumber Liquidators - Lumber Liquidator Closeout was Damaged Non-Installable Flooring
Update added by user Dec 04, 2014
As of December 4th, Lumber Liquidators has not responded to this posting or to the complaint filed with the BBB.
Original review posted by user Nov 15, 2014
My husband and I visited a Lumber Liquidators store on 10/25/14 in response to an advertisement. The advertised "deal" was already gone, and we were given a sample of flooring that was a close out. I was told the flooring was first quality with a 25 year warranty, discounted to $.99/SF because it was a closeout. The sample looked good, and I paid for 1135 SF with a credit card.
After they ran my credit card, I was also given a “standard” invoice to sign which stated the flooring was a closeout and could not be returned. Two days later we picked up the flooring, and when we started opening boxes, we realized it had all had water and other damage and the pieces would not snap together. We took unopened boxes back to store, and the store manager agreed it could not be used, but refused to take it back or give us any credit. I contacted the corporate office and got the same reply. It seems to me like bait and switch – show a good sample and then provide you with damaged goods.
The product was manufactured more than a year before our purchase, and evidently not stored in a humidity free space or we were sold "returns" from other customers that the store manager knew could not be installed. In any case, the product did not match the description of what we were told we were purchasing.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Building Products
You May Also Like
- "Lumber Liquidators mislead us on installation then bailed. We made several trips to the local Lumber Liquidators store in Beaumont, Texas and discussed in full detail the methods of how..."
- "Fall 2011, we purchased six interior 6-panel PRE-painted doors from Menard's. We paid $25 extra per door as I thought it would be worth my time not to have..."
- "We followed everything they told us to do and answered all the questions that were asked. They sent out a gentleman to inspect the floor but he had everything in..."
- "I was just about to pay for the shipping of my free 14 day trial of Peak Life Prostate and then I read the Terms on the ordering page, you..."
- "I pay about $100 per month to get 75mbs down / 35mbs up speeds from Verizon FIOS. They don't deliver what they say they will.This tool is what Verizon..."
- "I had seen so many glowing reviews of this product and decided I would take the risk and try it out. I was not looking to pay 350 dollars for..."
- "I have shown these pictures to Oak Grove rental office I have also had the office send these pictures to Morgan Properties also so that this problem can be handled...."
- "I love Twinkies I have from the beginning, But I just bought a box of them and they are half the size as they were. They were almost flat I..."
- "To all those who are in contact with the British ABC74 (fraud group) to rent or buy out of people: 1. All Leasing SBLCs , Can not be used as..."