Featured 100% full Not resolved

Update by user Dec 04, 2014

As of December 4th, Lumber Liquidators has not responded to this posting or to the complaint filed with the BBB.

Original review posted by user Nov 15, 2014

My husband and I visited a Lumber Liquidators store on 10/25/14 in response to an advertisement. The advertised "deal" was already gone, and we were given a sample of flooring that was a close out. I was told the flooring was first quality with a 25 year warranty, discounted to $.99/SF because it was a closeout. The sample looked good, and I paid for 1135 SF with a credit card.

After they ran my credit card, I was also given a “standard” invoice to sign which stated the flooring was a closeout and could not be returned. Two days later we picked up the flooring, and when we started opening boxes, we realized it had all had water and other damage and the pieces would not snap together. We took unopened boxes back to store, and the store manager agreed it could not be used, but refused to take it back or give us any credit. I contacted the corporate office and got the same reply. It seems to me like bait and switch – show a good sample and then provide you with damaged goods.

The product was manufactured more than a year before our purchase, and evidently not stored in a humidity free space or we were sold "returns" from other customers that the store manager knew could not be installed. In any case, the product did not match the description of what we were told we were purchasing.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Had an Experience with Lumber Liquidators?

Comments

You didn't holler loud enough.You could've gotten a refund.

Here's how:

1) call Customer Care and complain, complain, complain

They can get the Regional Mgr involved.

2) At the very bottom of the HOMEPAGE of LL's website you can "email" Tom Sullivan, the Founder.

If you do that it gets emailed to EVERYONE, the store, the Regional Mgr, the Division Mgr.You'll get a refund, and the store mgr gets an earful!

Go to your credit card company and get a refund through them.

to Anonymous #902255

The credit card company told me they can give me conditional credit on the purchase, and start the dispute process, but they cannot "force" Lumber Liquidators to grant the credit.