Lumber Liquidators - Lumber Liquidator Closeout was Damaged Non-Installable Flooring

110 of 224 Lumber Liquidators reviews

Update added by user Dec 04, 2014

As of December 4th, Lumber Liquidators has not responded to this posting or to the complaint filed with the BBB.

Original review posted by user Nov 15, 2014

My husband and I visited a Lumber Liquidators store on 10/25/14 in response to an advertisement. The advertised "deal" was already gone, and we were given a sample of flooring that was a close out. I was told the flooring was first quality with a 25 year warranty, discounted to $.99/SF because it was a closeout. The sample looked good, and I paid for 1135 SF with a credit card.

After they ran my credit card, I was also given a “standard” invoice to sign which stated the flooring was a closeout and could not be returned. Two days later we picked up the flooring, and when we started opening boxes, we realized it had all had water and other damage and the pieces would not snap together. We took unopened boxes back to store, and the store manager agreed it could not be used, but refused to take it back or give us any credit. I contacted the corporate office and got the same reply. It seems to me like bait and switch – show a good sample and then provide you with damaged goods.

The product was manufactured more than a year before our purchase, and evidently not stored in a humidity free space or we were sold "returns" from other customers that the store manager knew could not be installed. In any case, the product did not match the description of what we were told we were purchasing.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Flooring
Review category
Building Products
review #558150 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Lumber Liquidators? Submit review ›
Helpful? 11 Yes 11 0 No 0
Had the same issue 6 Yes 6
110 of 224 Lumber Liquidators reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 30, 2015 #1071386

You didn't holler loud enough. You could've gotten a refund. Here's how:
1) call Customer Care and complain, complain, complain
They can get the Regional Mgr involved.
2) At the very bottom of the HOMEPAGE of LL's website you can "email" Tom Sullivan, the Founder. If you do that it gets emailed to EVERYONE, the store, the Regional Mgr, the Division Mgr. You'll get a refund, and the store mgr gets an earful!

Nov 18, 2014 #902227

Go to your credit card company and get a refund through them.

Nov 18, 2014 #902255

The credit card company told me they can give me conditional credit on the purchase, and start the dispute process, but they cannot "force" Lumber Liquidators to grant the credit.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Lumber Liquidators. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Lumber Liquidators.
Filing a new complaint about
×