Sterling, Massachusetts
2.3

We spent $6000 on Morning Star Bamboo floors for our brand new house. We were told this would be the best product for us with our 3 children under 4 and our dog.

We were also told that they were backed by a 20 year warranty. The "premium" finish on this floor is a sham. The finish on these floors is far inferior to a field applied finish. For example, I dropped a knife yesterday and it dented the floor!?

My 18 month old pushed a toy stroller on them and it left scratches everywhere. We never had this problem with our 1920s oak floors that my husband refinished in our old house. And yes, we had them installed completely as specified (the LL ones). I have filled out disclosures, sent pictures, and sent flooring samples to Lumber Liquidators all to no avail.

The company continually tells me that "scratches are not covered by the warranty" and that the problems we are having are "environmental." They gave me nothing else....nothing to fix the plethora of scratches with, no coupon for next time (LOL! yeah, right!). Nothing!!!!! Oh, and they have changed the name of the flooring we purchased and not posted my negative review on their website.

I think they are so shady and I am very disgruntled.

Posting here is my only recourse.

teachermom123 wrote the review because of bad quality at Lumber Liquidators. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $6000 and wants Lumber Liquidators to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was customer service, customer experience, return policy and false advertising. Author liked the most local store tried to be helpful. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Lumber Liquidators morning star bamboo flooring for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Toano, Virginia, United States #972198

LL Response to Bamboo Scratches

Bamboo is durable and there no claims the flooring is indestructible, so for this reason the care instructions provided must be followed over time. References to an oak floor are noted as all types of wood products will dent, but bamboo is a grass and its from the manufacturing process that brings strength to a bamboo comparable to oak.

If you provided all the information as stated, and there was a reference to moisture issues that would suggest there may be a site problem. There's no identifying information here to pull the order and view the file. If you would like to share more details I can review the case, but if your main concern is scratches it should be clear that no manufacturer warrants against scratches no matter where you source flooring. Use will vary from customer to customer and bamboo is a popular floor because it's durable when care is taken to limit damage to the finish it will last the duration of the warranty.

Sorry this was a concern and my offer to review the case further stands.

Some simple board replacement may be a solution for some problem areas. LL Director of Customer Care

teachermom123
to LLresponse from LL Dir. 4.15 Marlborough, Massachusetts, United States #972239

Case Number 123681457

"when care is taken to limit damage"--I moved in and the next day I had scratches everywhere. My 20lb 20month old riding a brand new toy scratched the floors!

I was emailing your company the very next day about how defective this product was and how disappointed I was. My movers all had socks on! This is what I mean....no customer service. My main concern is the premium finish being substandard and defective.

I did provide all of the information in my disclosure and moisture was never cited as an issue. Only LL wrote to me and claimed my issues with the "premium finish" were "site related," whatever that means!

" but if your main concern is scratches it should be clear that no manufacturer warrants against scratches no matter where you source flooring" Why is this not emphasized or stated when your sales people are trying to sell the product??? This is why I am so upset.

Your sales team promotes the product as being guaranteed for 20 years. I have done everything possible to minimize the damage to no avail.

All of my furniture have pads on them, we take our shoes off in the garage....these floors are a huge disappointment and look terrible and it is a brand new house, we moved in November 2.