2.4

I purchased beautiful bamboo flooring from Lumber Liquidators and had it professionally installed by a contractor. I have had to replace several areas due to discoloration.

Now I am getting cupping and warping in 3 more areas. The contractor replaced the first area with the discoloration (twice) but these new areas would involve too much money to replace.

I believe the quality of the bamboo is defective and want to redo my flooring but not with this material. I’m not sure how to join one of the class action lawsuits against Lumber Liquidators or Morningstar but I really believe I have a case.

Review about: Lumber Liquidators Bamboo Flooring.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Having similar issue. Fading in areas.We're you able to come to a satisfactory resolution?

to Bob #1443793

No resolution, I've just replaced some of the areas but I still need almost a whole room redone and parts of another. LL told me the same thing about my slab holding moisture and tried to blame it on the contractor not using enough glue.

Well, to that I say, I had two different contractors replace my previous hardwood floor that I had over 10 years (I had a washer overflow and the hardwood got soaked) and I had the problem in both areas that each separate contractor had worked on.

So, It's definitely defective material if you ask me, not an installation problem at all. I'm telling everyone I know so they don't get jipped like I did!

Our Morningstar floors have done the same thing. LL sent inspectors over.

They told us our slab was holding moisture, and it was not their problem.

We have had to replace all the flooring. It had been a nightmare!

I would like to find out how to get Morningstar to honor their '30 year warranty' on this flooring. I had a professional contractor install this floor with the recommended glue and instructions and the warping is very bad in some places as well as the discoloration.

I had to buy extra flooring and pay him (twice) for replacing the defective pieces, as it was not his fault the flooring warped.

Lumber Liquidators told me to call Morningstar but I don't have their home location or contact information. Any advice or information you can give me would be appreciated.