1.7

Purchased 12mm Golden Teak Laminate flooring,I followed the instructions and let the wood sit at room temperature in the room that it was going to be install at for 4 days even though the instructions said 48 hrs. After laying 2 boxes I notice that the sides of the flooring went in great but 75% of the ends would not go down, you could see that the ends were showing up, not by much but enough to see a white line on the wood to make it look cheap.

I called the store, talked to Mike, he said to open all the boxes by tearing the ends off and let air hit the flooring for another three days, three days I could not work on the floor which put me behind. I went to the store seeking help, they acted like I did not know what I was doing, so the store manager pulled in a favor from one of his professional contractors. He came to my house and had the same problem, he notice the end of the board, the grove was not deep enough, he even stood on the flooring and it still did not go down. The contractor called the store and told the manager his findings.

I called to return the flooring, they said they could not take back open boxes, they thought I had opened all of them as they requested me to do.

I only opened 4 boxes, so they refunded 8 boxes. A lot more to this story, so I am heading to small claims court.

This reviewer shared experience about damaged or defective and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any) as the author lost $1400. The author is overall dissatisfied with Lumber Liquidators. The most disappointing about laminate flooring from Lumber Liquidators was not getting a full refund, ask me to open all the boxes and hey would not take open boxes Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Lumber Liquidators.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Building Products category for more informed decision or compare Lumber Liquidators to other companies on our site.

Comments

Toano, Virginia, United States #997395

LL Response to defective flooring claim

Sorry to hear there was a problem with the flooring and while you reached out to the store and it appears they were trying to be accommodating by sending an installer to your home for assistance, the invoice and warranty are clear as to what a customer should do if they're having a problem and if you felt the store was not fully assisting you a call to Customer Care would send our process into action to remedy your concerns. We are still willing to help, or you can go the route of small claims court if you have taken this direction.

We would prefer to help you in order to achieve customer satisfaction. Call 800-366-4204 and tell them your issue and that you were asked to call by Manager of Customer Care