I purchased a few months ago 11 boxes of Bellawood engineering floor from this company. I kept this boxes unopened in an apartment building where it supposed to be the installation.

I contracted an installation company, suggested by them. When the installation guys opened the boxes, they discovered that about half of the planks are cracked (see pictures) making the installation impossible. I asked them if the reason is the storage conditions and they said “no, the humidity and temperature in this room are perfect” . I asked them if they saw before this kind of defect and they said “yes, they saw 3 times”.

I sent all the forms and pictures required by their customer support and after two months my complain was denied with the resolution that “ me the customer I did something , they don’t know what, so I am responsible”. This is Bellawood, 100 years structural warranty.. At the time of installation I purchased, materials for about $1000 that can be returned for refund in 30 days.

Because the resolution for complain came after 60 days, I lost the materials. Overall about $4500 I lost with this company.

Comments

Houston, Texas, United States #822047

LL Response: "Damaged merchandise right out of the box"

Sorry to hear you've come across a challenge with your project, but I must say the details provided here are not consistent with new material, and there's a hear-say in this statement with no photos to view. Why report this as anonymous if we investigated the problem?

I have nothing to go by to relay the missing facts such as: How long was the product in your possession before the cracks were discovered? Was it installed and cracks formed after installation? Where was it stored and was their humidity and temperature controls? We do not avoid helping a customer with a problem unless it's very clear the issues unrelated to the manufacturing / quality control processes and I could help you by calling Customer Care so I can look at the details of the file and see the whole picture.

We value our customers and want the floor to go in smoothly to help further sell our product, but as written this story is one-sided and void of all the details, so there's very likely much more to this posting than what was presented to viewers. 800-366-4204.

We look forward to your call.