Update added by user Dec 15, 2014
The issue has been resolved to my satisfaction. However, I stand by my original complaint and review of the product. Luckily I didn't install any of it or things may have been different.
Original review posted by user Dec 04, 2014
We bought Bellawood Bronze Ultra-Strand Bamboo from Lumber Liquidators.This Bellawood Bronze Ultra-Strand Bamboo is not what you think it is.
While it is true that is a solid hardwood, the grain pattern is printed on the surface like a cheap laminate. Perhaps some would not find a problem with that, most I'm sure would expect the beauty of a natural bamboo finish, especially at a premium price, not some printed pattern like a cheap $.69 laminate. The printing is of such poor quality and noticeable, the "grain" repeats itself precisely every 47 1/4". I returned this fake to this store and got "whacked" with a 20% restock.
Really? The store manager refused to look at my "evidence" and discounted the fact that is was printed, stating no Bellawood product is printed. Even discounting the fact that the "grain" repeats itself with exacting detail. It would be impossible in nature take a clump of shredded grass (bamboo is a grass), glue it together, then saw it into planks and have the same exact pattern on every board in every carton.
Funny how the in-store display sample and the take home sample are not "fake" and printed. Classic case of bait and switch.
What a joke.If you have this junk in your house, break out your tape measure and loupe and take a look for yourself.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Return policy
- False advertising
- Bait and switch
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Bellawood Bronze Ultra Strand Bamboo
- Review category
- Building Products
You May Also Like
- "Leaf filter installed today and I'm already ticked off. Had to haul off the garbage that the contractor left behind. They used two different screens, one of which..."
- "Thank you for sending Bob Gibson, a Pella representative to my residence. Per Bob, the lower windows that he inspected are separating. At my residence, there are 12 openings with..."
- "My husband and I visited a Lumber Liquidators store on 10/25/14 in response to an advertisement. The advertised "deal" was already gone, and we were given a sample of..."
- "I must say I have seen some complicated scams before but this one ranks right up there. Do not do any work with this so called media group called Zillion..."
- "Marriott is building a new hotel in North Canton Ohio using construction workers from out of the area. One local contractor was within $7000 on a $500,000 contract of a..."
- "What a rip! Ordered beautiful arrangement from what I thought was a “family owned business”. The arrangement was delivered on time. The service train crashes at this..."
- " I stayed at the red roof Inn in Mohave California I thought I was in the ghetto in south-central LA very disturbed by the clientele that was there everyone..."
- "We have two pieces of 30" Samsonite spinner luggage in the fall of 2010. This luggage has been fantastic. I could not tell you how many trips they have been..."
- "Please Do NOT PURCHASE from this company. I purchased several items, clothing received was STAINED and jumpsuit was not as described as on website. The most frustrating part of this..."