Lumber Liquidators - Bellawood Ultra-Strand Bamboo grain is fake printed junk!

104 of 224 Lumber Liquidators reviews

Update added by user Dec 15, 2014

The issue has been resolved to my satisfaction. However, I stand by my original complaint and review of the product. Luckily I didn't install any of it or things may have been different.

Original review posted by user Dec 04, 2014

We bought Bellawood Bronze Ultra-Strand Bamboo from Lumber Liquidators.This Bellawood Bronze Ultra-Strand Bamboo is not what you think it is.

While it is true that is a solid hardwood, the grain pattern is printed on the surface like a cheap laminate. Perhaps some would not find a problem with that, most I'm sure would expect the beauty of a natural bamboo finish, especially at a premium price, not some printed pattern like a cheap $.69 laminate. The printing is of such poor quality and noticeable, the "grain" repeats itself precisely every 47 1/4". I returned this fake to this store and got "whacked" with a 20% restock.

Really? The store manager refused to look at my "evidence" and discounted the fact that is was printed, stating no Bellawood product is printed. Even discounting the fact that the "grain" repeats itself with exacting detail. It would be impossible in nature take a clump of shredded grass (bamboo is a grass), glue it together, then saw it into planks and have the same exact pattern on every board in every carton.

Funny how the in-store display sample and the take home sample are not "fake" and printed. Classic case of bait and switch.

What a joke.If you have this junk in your house, break out your tape measure and loupe and take a look for yourself.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Bellawood Bronze Ultra Strand Bamboo
Review category
Building Products
review #565731 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Lumber Liquidators? Submit review ›
Helpful? 12 Yes 12 3 No 3
Had the same issue 5 Yes 5
104 of 224 Lumber Liquidators reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 15, 2015 #1064112

I bought it too. when we installed it the problem was it chipped
when the nail gun nailed it.. like so much of LL flooring it is junk..
I bought some 12mm laminate flooring from them it was CLEARLY DEFECTIVE they would not refund me even after complaints to the BBB and many pictures and emails.. be smart buy from a company that will honer there product.

0 2 Reply
Customer Care

Dec 15, 2014 #916089 Toano, Virginia, United States

LL Response to Ultra Strand (UPDATED with correct contact info)
At Lumber Liquidators, we are committed to providing a wide selection of quality hardwood flooring at exceptional prices. In the event a customer believes that we have not delivered on that commitment, it is imperative that we understand and acknowledge that customer’s concerns. In this case, it appears that we have failed to do so. Please contact me via email at llresponse@lumberliquidators.com so I can further review your situation and work to address this matter in an effort to ensure your satisfaction.

0 3 Reply
Customer Care

Dec 15, 2014 #916038 Toano, Virginia, United States

LL Response to Ultra Strand
At Lumber Liquidators, we are committed to providing a wide selection of quality hardwood flooring at exceptional prices. In the event a customer believes that we have not delivered on that commitment, it is imperative that we understand and acknowledge that customer’s concerns. In this case, it appears that we have failed to do so. Please contact me at www.llresponse@lumberliquidators.com so I can further review your situation and work to address this matter in an effort to ensure your satisfaction.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.