Lumber Liquidators - Bellawood Ultra-Strand Bamboo grain is fake printed junk!
Update added by user Dec 15, 2014
The issue has been resolved to my satisfaction. However, I stand by my original complaint and review of the product. Luckily I didn't install any of it or things may have been different.
Original review posted by user Dec 04, 2014
We bought Bellawood Bronze Ultra-Strand Bamboo from Lumber Liquidators.This Bellawood Bronze Ultra-Strand Bamboo is not what you think it is.
While it is true that is a solid hardwood, the grain pattern is printed on the surface like a cheap laminate. Perhaps some would not find a problem with that, most I'm sure would expect the beauty of a natural bamboo finish, especially at a premium price, not some printed pattern like a cheap $.69 laminate. The printing is of such poor quality and noticeable, the "grain" repeats itself precisely every 47 1/4". I returned this fake to this store and got "whacked" with a 20% restock.
Really? The store manager refused to look at my "evidence" and discounted the fact that is was printed, stating no Bellawood product is printed. Even discounting the fact that the "grain" repeats itself with exacting detail. It would be impossible in nature take a clump of shredded grass (bamboo is a grass), glue it together, then saw it into planks and have the same exact pattern on every board in every carton.
Funny how the in-store display sample and the take home sample are not "fake" and printed. Classic case of bait and switch.
What a joke.If you have this junk in your house, break out your tape measure and loupe and take a look for yourself.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Return policy
- False advertising
- Bait and switch
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Bellawood Bronze Ultra Strand Bamboo
- Review category
- Building Products
You May Also Like
- "After having a few absolutely horrible customer service experiences with Lumber Liquidators I decided to give them one more chance. I opted to chat with a sales rep and..."
- "I purchased a metal frame building from Versa Tube, which their engineers designed for the area of Minnesota I live in. The building collapsed! I purchased a VersaTube metal frame..."
- "We had Congoleum tile professionally installed, because it was advertised as having superior durability. What a joke! This stuff breaks, dents, and chips more easily than any other tile I've..."
- "You are selling a product called syringe pens. In light of all of the heroin overdoses it is highly inappropriate. Its one thing for a doctor to use it as..."
- "What a rip! Ordered beautiful arrangement from what I thought was a “family owned business”. The arrangement was delivered on time. The service train crashes at this..."
- "Marriott is building a new hotel in North Canton Ohio using construction workers from out of the area. One local contractor was within $7000 on a $500,000 contract of a..."
- "On Nov 25 I tried to order a Waterville 2 times with no success Onthe 3rd try I had success. When I checked the order the at around 3:00pm on..."
- "I "purchased" a camera from a 2016 Black Friday special; Nikon d3400 for $349. Great price but not so great that it seemed unreal. It took several days just to..."
- "Update... About 4 hours after I sent an email expressing my disgust to the company AND after leaving this posting, I received a call from the vendor (Sam - Samantha)..."