2.6K views
100% full Resolved

Update by user Dec 15, 2014

The issue has been resolved to my satisfaction. However, I stand by my original complaint and review of the product. Luckily I didn't install any of it or things may have been different.

Original review posted by user Dec 04, 2014

We bought Bellawood Bronze Ultra-Strand Bamboo from Lumber Liquidators.This Bellawood Bronze Ultra-Strand Bamboo is not what you think it is.

While it is true that is a solid hardwood, the grain pattern is printed on the surface like a cheap laminate. Perhaps some would not find a problem with that, most I'm sure would expect the beauty of a natural bamboo finish, especially at a premium price, not some printed pattern like a cheap $.69 laminate. The printing is of such poor quality and noticeable, the "grain" repeats itself precisely every 47 1/4". I returned this fake to this store and got "whacked" with a 20% restock.

Really? The store manager refused to look at my "evidence" and discounted the fact that is was printed, stating no Bellawood product is printed. Even discounting the fact that the "grain" repeats itself with exacting detail. It would be impossible in nature take a clump of shredded grass (bamboo is a grass), glue it together, then saw it into planks and have the same exact pattern on every board in every carton.

Funny how the in-store display sample and the take home sample are not "fake" and printed. Classic case of bait and switch.

What a joke.If you have this junk in your house, break out your tape measure and loupe and take a look for yourself.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Return policy, False advertising, Bait and switch.

Had an Experience with Lumber Liquidators?

Comments

Pottsville, Pennsylvania, United States #1336945

Duhhhhhh.......You went to Liquid Lumbernators and now are complaining about quality?

How is that cheapest price you found treating you now?

Will you people ever learn?

Are you living above your means?Seriously?

I bought it too.when we installed it the problem was it chipped

when the nail gun nailed it..

like so much of LL flooring it is junk..

I bought some 12mm laminate flooring from them it was CLEARLY DEFECTIVE they would not refund me even after complaints to the BBB and many pictures and emails..be smart buy from a company that will honer there product.

Toano, Virginia, United States #916089

LL Response to Ultra Strand (UPDATED with correct contact info)

At Lumber Liquidators, we are committed to providing a wide selection of quality hardwood flooring at exceptional prices.In the event a customer believes that we have not delivered on that commitment, it is imperative that we understand and acknowledge that customer’s concerns.

In this case, it appears that we have failed to do so.Please contact me via email at llresponse@lumberliquidators.com so I can further review your situation and work to address this matter in an effort to ensure your satisfaction.

Toano, Virginia, United States #916038

LL Response to Ultra Strand

In this case, it appears that we have failed to do so.

Please contact me at www.llresponse@lumberliquidators.com so I can further review your situation and work to address this matter in an effort to ensure your satisfaction.

Overland Park, Kansas, United States #911539