Lumber Liquidators - Bait and switch practice
I ordered and paid tiles that was on sale. Sale man made sure that the tile I was ordering was available when I ordered it. I paid for it and was supposed to get it 3 weeks later. 3 weeks later, a "Manager" called me, to let me know that my order couldn't be completed as they didn't enough tile to do so. The tile was on sale, at the time I ordered it, and at that price it went fast and out of order. Since the product was discontinued, "manager" told me that they could replace my order by a similar product. I asked if it was more expensive (because of course, he didn't mention anything about the price of the product). Manager told me "yes, it is a little bit more expensive but, the tile you ordered was very cheap and you will never get something like that again". I asked him again "how much?" he then hit me with the price which was almost 4 times higher that the tile I ordered. I asked him, why I cannot have my tile, since I ordered it, paid it, and sale man told me it was available. To me, once you pay for a product and sale man tell you it is available, the deal should be set and locked. How, did the tile I ordered went out of stock 3 weeks after I paid for it???? I told manager that I had the feeling it was a case of bait and switch, which is illegal. He hang up. to taht day, almost tow months later, Lumber Liquidator of Modesto, CA, has still my money and I don't have any tile. I made a complain to the BBB (Better Business Bureau). Answer from customer service, to my complain: We are sorry for the inconvenience but the tile your ordered was discontinued (????) I didn't accept this answer, it looks more like a generic letter. They didn't offer any solution. I am waiting for them to contact. After refusing their answer, they assigned me a customer service rep. who, I am pretty sure, will handle this situation by repeating that my order cannot be honored because tile has been discontinued (like a robot) but will not address the fact that I paid for this tile that was available when I ordered it. They took my money and didn't deliver, and they still have my money. And I am still without tile. My next step will be to file a complain with the Department of Consumer Affairs. Stay away from this company, they are crooks and by all the reviews I have been reading since then, they have very "nice" sale men that would sale anything but the company cannot deliver. Lot of low quality item from China, and even case of Formaldehyde in their laminate. There is an action lawsuit in California, Florida and Louisiana.
Here what I found "The attorneys at Morgan & Morgan are investigating potential lawsuits on behalf of consumers who purchased or own Chinese-made Lumber Liquidators laminate flooring. A recent 60 Minutes investigation tested several of the company’s laminate flooring products and found that nearly all of the samples contained high levels of formaldehyde, a chemical that may cause a host of health problems, including respiratory issues and cancer, with high levels of exposure."
- See more at: http://www.forthepeople.com/class-action-lawyers/lumber-liquidators-formaldehyde/#sthash.KAF216dq.dpuf
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Bait and switch
- False advertising
- Reason of review:
- Order processing issue
- Preferred solution:
- Price reduction
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Lumber Liquidators Wood Tiles
- Review category
- Building Products
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We had Congoleum tile professionally installed, because it was advertised as having superior durability. What a joke! This stuff breaks, dents, and chips more easily than any other tile I've..."
- "I purchased a JELD-WEN fiberglass exterior front door from Bay Area Molding & Door which installed the door for me in July 2013. The main reason why I chose..."
- "My husband and I visited a Lumber Liquidators store on 10/25/14 in response to an advertisement. The advertised "deal" was already gone, and we were given a sample of..."
- "I had a exam in March 2016 took 1 hour took script to be filled at another place turns out wrong script had headaches so went to dr pt and..."
- "I ordered 3 items. I received the coffe cup fairly quickly, and the dog trainer bracelet approximately a week later. My 3rd item was a pair of black leggings with..."
- "Order flowers all the time for the Villages. Wanted to try a local florist, so I called AVAS and ordered flowers over the phone. Mike suggested a vase with an..."
- "I ordered and for months never heard a thing. They didn't contact me at all. Finally I contacted them and they then told me my order would be processed. I..."
- "Ordered 2 items eight days apart. Paid for rush delivery,( 3-4 business days ), for both orders. First order never shipped in time and when I called they lied and..."
- "Western Dental is the worse place to get dental work!! My wife went there on a Friday(12/18/15) to get impressions and sat there in the dental chair for three hours!..."