Modesto, California
100% full Not resolved

I ordered and paid tiles that was on sale. Sale man made sure that the tile I was ordering was available when I ordered it. I paid for it and was supposed to get it 3 weeks later. 3 weeks later, a "Manager" called me, to let me know that my order couldn't be completed as they didn't enough tile to do so. The tile was on sale, at the time I ordered it, and at that price it went fast and out of order. Since the product was discontinued, "manager" told me that they could replace my order by a similar product. I asked if it was more expensive (because of course, he didn't mention anything about the price of the product). Manager told me "yes, it is a little bit more expensive but, the tile you ordered was very cheap and you will never get something like that again". I asked him again "how much?" he then hit me with the price which was almost 4 times higher that the tile I ordered. I asked him, why I cannot have my tile, since I ordered it, paid it, and sale man told me it was available. To me, once you pay for a product and sale man tell you it is available, the deal should be set and locked. How, did the tile I ordered went out of stock 3 weeks after I paid for it???? I told manager that I had the feeling it was a case of bait and switch, which is illegal. He hang up. to taht day, almost tow months later, Lumber Liquidator of Modesto, CA, has still my money and I don't have any tile. I made a complain to the BBB (Better Business Bureau). Answer from customer service, to my complain: We are sorry for the inconvenience but the tile your ordered was discontinued (????) I didn't accept this answer, it looks more like a generic letter. They didn't offer any solution. I am waiting for them to contact. After refusing their answer, they assigned me a customer service rep. who, I am pretty sure, will handle this situation by repeating that my order cannot be honored because tile has been discontinued (like a robot) but will not address the fact that I paid for this tile that was available when I ordered it. They took my money and didn't deliver, and they still have my money. And I am still without tile. My next step will be to file a complain with the Department of Consumer Affairs. Stay away from this company, they are crooks and by all the reviews I have been reading since then, they have very "nice" sale men that would sale anything but the company cannot deliver. Lot of low quality item from China, and even case of Formaldehyde in their laminate. There is an action lawsuit in California, Florida and Louisiana.

Here what I found "The attorneys at Morgan & Morgan are investigating potential lawsuits on behalf of consumers who purchased or own Chinese-made Lumber Liquidators laminate flooring. A recent 60 Minutes investigation tested several of the company’s laminate flooring products and found that nearly all of the samples contained high levels of formaldehyde, a chemical that may cause a host of health problems, including respiratory issues and cancer, with high levels of exposure."

- See more at: http://www.forthepeople.com/class-action-lawyers/lumber-liquidators-formaldehyde/#sthash.KAF216dq.dpuf

Review about: Lumber Liquidators Wood Tiles.

I didn't like: Fraud, Bait and switch, False advertising, Overselling.

1.8
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Order processing issue / $600
Preferred solution Price reduction

Had an Experience with Lumber Liquidators?

Comments

LL Response to Bait n Switch __ Tile solution

We fully disclosed the terms and conditions of the sale, including issues related to quantity.There was no FTC violation under “bait and switch” advertising no deals offered disingenuous advertisement.

If the seller has the ability to sell you the “bait” but talks you into buying something else, the seller runs out of the “bait” but the advertisement specifies limited quantities, that’s not “bait and switch.” LL's offer to provide you alternatives because there is not enough quantity available to complete all orders is an attempt to help a customer fulfill a need. If you made a purchase and this needs to be cancelled that's easily handled through Customer Care at 800-366-4204, or the local store. The fact the cancellation has not been processed suggests you have been working with someone to source another item, but there is no obligation to purchase and we can gladly refund any deposit, or full payments entered. Please call 800-366-4204 with the name, or order number used to make the order and we will refund you immediately.

Special sale events can drive heavy volume and we suggest those interested in obtaining material where supplies may be limited act quickly.

Sorry to hear this was not a great experience.General feedback from the sale was very positive as we move away from some items in our assortment.