lumber liquidators of Raleigh sold me floors that were ruined and they refused to give me my money back. I tried customer service and they were no help.

I am now writing a letter to the Better Business Bureau to file a complaint. I told customer service I would do this and they said "go ahead".

this is after they gave me the run around for over a mouth. I asked the sells person to help me pick out the right floors I needed and would these floors withstand water and he said "Yes all our floors do." Lied

Comments

Chicago, Illinois, United States #708867

I've been trying to recoup th $8000 I'm out.the floors thy sold me had to be ripped out 3 months later and I filed complaints with BBB and the Attorney General in Illinois to no avail.I am now taking them to small claims court....you and I are among 100's of people that have been screwed by them and they keep getting away with it......unbelievable

vicki4homes
to andrea Chicago, Illinois, United States #721558

I too am in a situation with LL. I paid a total of $10,000 with the cost of their installation.

I was told their Schon Quick Clic flooring was the right floor to purchase for radiant heat, and that it came with a 30 year warranty. Turns out the 30 year warranty has a section called what's not covered, and they do not cover radiant heat. I filed a report with the attorney General in Virginia where LL is headquartered. I also contacted the National Wood Flooring Association.

Do not waste your time with the BBB, they are useless, like the Lumber Liquidator 30 year warranty.

I know the attorney General in Il isn't too good, but maybe I will file a complaint there, too. Perhaps if enough of us file we will get somewhere.

Mclean, Virginia, United States #702495

LL Response to awful floors comment:

The store will listen to your needs and help you select a floor that meets the needs of your project. Our sales process does not include false claims that the floors will stand up to water as the directions on all flooring types we sell are clear about the use of water on flooring products.

Without more detail it sounds like the floor became ruined with the introduction of water, again the warranty and the care instructions are clear as to what is acceptable for proper floor care, so if Customer Service said there was little opportunity to help it's likely the information you shared pointed to improper care, or application of the floor. We do care about your complaint to the BBB, but if improper care is the root cause and we have the information to support this position the BBB will reiterate this fact. The best advice would be to consult our Tech & Installation team for possible fixes. Based on your purchase we may even provide a box or two of materials for repairs as a courtesy.

Sorry to hear this happened and we will do what we can to help.