Lumber Liquidators - 2nd RATE WOOD, have to have entire hallway taken out and re-done!
My hubby & I purchased some rather pricey solid Hickory wood for our 2nd floor hallway in November 2015. BAD experience from day 1!!
LL offered to install it for us initially quoting approx. $600 due to size of project. When we had them come look at scope and provide written estimate, new quote was over $2,000 to install! Our measurements were accurate, there was nothing unusual about hallway, just some of their fees the forgot to mention when they first quoted $600! TOTAL bait and switch right from the start!
After wasting enough time trying to work with them, we hired our own professionals to install. Given the time delays, wood was able to sit in our home "acclimating" for over 2 months. Yet, when installers were able to work on project, they ran into numerous problems with wood not fitting at all, said the milling was 2nd rate cuts at best and found many cuts that were not even close to straight! We tossed out all wood that appeared to be causing problems, and purchased 2 additional boxes to complete project (note, only had to purchase 6 boxes originally...this was a 33% defect rate!) Finally completed installation by March 2016.
By early July 2016, we noticed some noises and creaks when walking on floor, even more hours AFTER walking on floor. By the end of July the floor was completely uneven, walking on it was wavy feeling & the noises had gotten almost unbearable. The Pops, cracks and downright loud banging noises would occur hours after someone walked in hallway. We could hear the loud pops from our basement 2 floors down. It actually sounded like a row of firecrackers had been lit up. The wood had buckled completely at every single side joint!
Verified installed right, enough gaps left on every outer edge, proper moisture barrier installed, never cleaned with water, no water near our home, no pets messing on wood, no water anywhere near or around our house, windows always shuts with A/C on, no children in home. hallway hardly even walked on...there was NOTHING that could cause the warping of the wood in our home. Nothing was done incorrectly at installation either...
Reported to Lumber Liquidators as still under warranty. Got complete run around to even start....but finally filed claim and they went through their "investigation". Rejected our claim saying poor installation as I had not provided them the humidity ratings of our home before installation. Claimed that the home must still be too humid for this wood and all buckling/warping is a natural occurrence of wood that enhances it's beauty!!???
Their ONLY guarantee on the wood is that the sell pure *** and their warranty claims WILL be denied...TOTAL scammers on every level. I'm not done fighting this fight yet...being denied this claim is nothing short of DESPICABLE.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Quality of product
- Bait and switch
- Bad refund policy i have been told
- Poor quality of laminate
You May Also Like
- "I was relaxing on my front covered porch when all of a sudden the top glass of my Larson screen away door completely shattered!!!!! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HIT IT.!!!..."
- "Two years ago we ordered Morning Star bamboo flooring for our home from Lumber Liquidators After the fourth week of acclimation we began to install our flooring (in late..."
- "We purchased bamboo flooring from the Reno NV store as recommended by the salesperson. We let it acclimate for 2 months in our house. We installed it as instructed and..."
- "SO if you're different nationality, or black or Hispanic or just not white, don't dare go to this dive bar. i had money in my pocket to spend with..."
- "Jawbone won't stand behind their products for more than 60 days. I had two (original and replacement) both have failed and it's been less than 90 days. But they will..."
- "Ordered flowers for valentines day. $48 flowers, and once you layer in all of the fees, become $81. Here is what you can reasonably expect to get charged..."
- "We thought that the expensive leather construction was the way to go. On the left seat of the sofa, the thread wasn't pulled as tight as on the right seat. ..."
- "I purchased this "sport" windscreen from an Ebay seller from Italy for an XDiavel. BEWARE!!! The bolts that came with it are MUCH too short, and are black steel..."
- "We purchased a new zero water pitcher and filled once a day for 24 straight days using for our coffee. The 25th day i poured a glass of water..."