Lumber Liquidators - 2nd RATE WOOD, have to have entire hallway taken out and re-done!
My hubby & I purchased some rather pricey solid Hickory wood for our 2nd floor hallway in November 2015. BAD experience from day 1!!
LL offered to install it for us initially quoting approx. $600 due to size of project. When we had them come look at scope and provide written estimate, new quote was over $2,000 to install! Our measurements were accurate, there was nothing unusual about hallway, just some of their fees the forgot to mention when they first quoted $600! TOTAL bait and switch right from the start!
After wasting enough time trying to work with them, we hired our own professionals to install. Given the time delays, wood was able to sit in our home "acclimating" for over 2 months. Yet, when installers were able to work on project, they ran into numerous problems with wood not fitting at all, said the milling was 2nd rate cuts at best and found many cuts that were not even close to straight! We tossed out all wood that appeared to be causing problems, and purchased 2 additional boxes to complete project (note, only had to purchase 6 boxes originally...this was a 33% defect rate!) Finally completed installation by March 2016.
By early July 2016, we noticed some noises and creaks when walking on floor, even more hours AFTER walking on floor. By the end of July the floor was completely uneven, walking on it was wavy feeling & the noises had gotten almost unbearable. The Pops, cracks and downright loud banging noises would occur hours after someone walked in hallway. We could hear the loud pops from our basement 2 floors down. It actually sounded like a row of firecrackers had been lit up. The wood had buckled completely at every single side joint!
Verified installed right, enough gaps left on every outer edge, proper moisture barrier installed, never cleaned with water, no water near our home, no pets messing on wood, no water anywhere near or around our house, windows always shuts with A/C on, no children in home. hallway hardly even walked on...there was NOTHING that could cause the warping of the wood in our home. Nothing was done incorrectly at installation either...
Reported to Lumber Liquidators as still under warranty. Got complete run around to even start....but finally filed claim and they went through their "investigation". Rejected our claim saying poor installation as I had not provided them the humidity ratings of our home before installation. Claimed that the home must still be too humid for this wood and all buckling/warping is a natural occurrence of wood that enhances it's beauty!!???
Their ONLY guarantee on the wood is that the sell pure *** and their warranty claims WILL be denied...TOTAL scammers on every level. I'm not done fighting this fight yet...being denied this claim is nothing short of DESPICABLE.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Quality of product
- Bait and switch
- Bad refund policy i have been told
- Poor quality of laminate
You May Also Like
- "I have six different Pella Designer Series doors that are rotted out at the bottom. The corner clips holding the trim on the outside of the doors along with the..."
- "I had a GutterHelmet dealer replace the gutters on my house 3 1/2 years ago. They are now laying on the ground. The dealer is now out of business (no..."
- "After several attempts to contact LL to resolve my defective flooring issue.And several complaints to the BBB about LL I received no compensation about the defective flooring that I purchased..."
- "SO if you're different nationality, or black or Hispanic or just not white, don't dare go to this dive bar. i had money in my pocket to spend with..."
- "Fraud Company His Name is James Smith Tel# 813-343-4434 He says hes based out of Tampa bay Florida Asked for $205 upfront to insure the loan and he sounds hes..."
- "Ordered flowers for valentines day. $48 flowers, and once you layer in all of the fees, become $81. Here is what you can reasonably expect to get charged..."
- "HI i recently purchased the instyler max, as i was letting it heat up to full capacity i had it sitting on the so called heat pad and lucky i..."
- "Well i find out today, 3 of the 4 refunds were made, but nit quite sure when theyll reach my bank!! As far as me NOT GETTING my mdse., i..."
- "I have recently purchased 128GB "FASTER" brand memory cards, 8 in total, over 4 separate orders @ a cost of $17.99 ea. The problem is that ALL of these memory..."